- Provide direction during the investigative and discovery phases on issues unique to the armored car industry and facility premise liability matters.
- Provide insight relative to pertinent internal documents.
- Provide opinions and/or testimony relative to industry patterns and practice.
- Review hiring, training and safety records for compliance and pattern.
- Assist in preparing and understanding financial reports relative to losses, safety, security, expenses, and profit.
- Employee Injuries related unsafe acts by the company or the employee.
While some work-related injuries are caused by unsafe acts of the employee and can be avoided, many are related to lack of training, unsafe conditions such as, excess hours worked or unsafe equipment. As with truck accidents, there are business records that must be requested and reviewed to determine if there were adequate preventive measures in place to prevent the injury. Jim has been retained by both defense and plaintiff attorneys in the aforementioned matters.
Jim is board certified in Security Management, Physical Security, and Investigations. These board certifications are accredited by the Department of Homeland Security, International Standards Organization, and American National Standards Institute. He has been admitted by federal and state courts as an expert witness in security cases and for an American with Disabilities Act case, occurring in the armored car industry.
The CPP, PCI and PSP certifications are awarded based upon experience, education, and examination that provides objective measures of the individual’s knowledge and competency in security management, physical security, and the investigation process. Ongoing professional development is required to maintain each credential.
The CPP® PSP® and PCI® are administered by ASIS International, the preeminent international organization for security professionals, with more than 38,000 members worldwide which Jim has been an active member since 1981. Certified Protection Professional (CPP®) – This certification designates individuals who have demonstrated competency in all areas constituting security management.
Physical Security Professional (PSP®) – The PSP® designation is the certification for those whose primary responsibility is to conduct threat surveys, design integrated security systems that include equipment, procedures, and people, or install, operate, and maintain those systems.
Professional Certified Investigator (PCI®) – Holders of the PCI® certification have demonstrated education and/or experience in the fields of case management, evidence collection, and case presentation.